Phase 1: Open idea submission and open voting
- November – December 2017: Ontarians who register on the site will be able to share an idea, comment on other ideas and vote them up or down.
Phase 2a: Idea refinement
- January 2018: The top ideas of each theme areas will be discussed and refined further through a series of live streamed policy discussions.
Phase 2b: Survey of participants and OLP supporters
- Late January 2018: The survey will ask for opinions on each of the top ideas. Any Ontarian who participated in Phase 1 of Common Ground and Ontario Liberal Party members will be invited to comment and vote on the top ideas.
- Not all ideas that are popular in phase one will automatically advance to phase two. If an idea is contrary to the values or principles of the Ontario Liberal Party, the Co-Chairs reserve the right to remove it from phase 2.
- The Co-Chairs of our platform development process will have final say on whether an idea is contrary to the values or principles of the Ontario Liberal Party.
- Ideas generated by the Common Ground public online submission process and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or policy of the Ontario Liberal Party. Ideas that advance to Phase 2 do not necessarily reflect the opinion of policy of the Ontario Liberal Party.
- Results will be announced on February 3, 2018 at the Ontario Liberal Party AGM.
- As the platform is released, ideas that came through the Common Ground process will be identified as such, serving to close the loop with participants and demonstrating how their participation has influenced the platform.