Now that Ontarians have had their say and the non-partisan policy experts have weighed in, it's time for party membership to rank the top 20 ideas that have made it to the final round of voting.
How the top ideas were chosen:
The top three ideas from each of the six themes, and two ideas saved by policy experts, made it to the final round of voting. The party membership will now have a chance to rank their favourite ideas.
Ranking system for phase 2:
Based on total votes, the top 3 ideas will be pitched to the party leader.
Make sure to check out the top 20 ideas that have made it to the final round of voting!
Ranking ends February 7, 11:59 p.m.
Update on ranking:
1. Properly fund public transit
2. Keep our hospitals public
3. Great lakes protection and clean up
4. Accountability in Government
5. Lower electricity bills by cooperating with Quebec
6. Limit executive pay in companies with underfunded pensions
7. MPPs should make detailed expense claims public
8. High Speed Rail along Windsor-Quebec corridor
9. Choice in dying
10. Improved special education
11. Add shop classes to the high school curriculum
12. New requirement for retired teachers
13. Allow plan members input to pension changes
14. Accountability and openness with pension claims
15. Open up private investment rules
16. Hydro bill simplification
17. Increase Ontario 400-series highway speed limit to 120-130 km/h
18. Ban conversion therapy for minors
19. Ban gestation crates for pregnant pigs
20. End Ontario's breed bans and remove breed specific language
Do you like this page?